This two day tour to the Tarangire National Park and Ngorongoro Crater in Tanzania offers a multitude of memorable experiences in a short amount of time. The Safari flying visit allows you to explore one of Africa’s seven natural wonders – the Ngorongoro Crater and the Tarangire National Park which boasts many species of vegetation and animals.
Tarangire is known for their endless plains of savannah and their immense elephant herds. You will be introduced to the infamous big five and marvel at the colossal landscape of the crater in Ngorongoro.
Day One: Moshi to Tarangire National Park
We will depart for Tarangire National Park early in the morning. Once we arrive in Tarangire we will begin exploring the enormous termite mounds and the ancient baobab trees. This park is renowned for its diverse bird species and extensive population of elephants. There are regular sightings of ferocious lions, giraffe, warthogs, ostriches, impalas, cheetah, mongoose, buffaloes, and mischievous baboons.
After viewing the wildlife in Tarangire we will continue our journey to our next highlight the Ngorongoro Crater. Close to Lake Manyara we put up our tents for the night. Fanaka Camp will provide comprehensive camping facilities. Dinner will be served at the campsite.
Day Two: Ngorongoro Crater to Moshi
We will have an early start to the day to ensure that we complete the itinerary for the day which includes a magnificent game drive with a picnic lunch in the crater. Animals infrequently migrate in and out of the crater due to its elevated walls. This means you are capable of spotting every member of the big five in one day. The big five comprises of buffalo, elephants, rhinos, lions and leopards.
Some of the other wildlife that you can expect to see includes zebras, hippo, wildebeest and hyenas. The craters also feature an extensive bird population including geese, storks and vultures. You will be graced by the lovely flamingos on the Soda Lake. Our guides are highly skilled and will impress you with their ability to track down animals. This is a skill that a book cannot teach you and that a selected few can perform. Your trip will come to an end in the late afternoon and we will proceed to Moshi.
Arrangements for transportation to the airport or Arusha can be made on request. We have ensured that you will be able to experience many aspects of the Tarangire National Park and Ngorongoro Crater in a short amount of time.
- Full board accommodation whilst on safari in the above mentioned en suite tented camps and lodges
- Full meal breakfast, lunch & dinner while on safari
- All game drives viewing in a custom built 4×4 Safari Land Cruiser
- All Current Government taxes and levies
- Bottled water in safari vehicles
- All park and entrance fees
- Office Assistance
- Professional English speaking driver/guide during the safari.
- Two night Hotel accommodation in Moshi/Arusha.
- Transfers to and from the airport
PACKAGE NOT INCLUDED:
- Flights to and from Tanzania
- Visa fees for Tanzania (approx. 50 USD on arrival, USA and CANADA passport holders USD.100)
- Gratuities & tips for your safari cook/guide or Driver. USD. 20/day
- Any other items of a personal nature, laundry, telephone and postage
- Optional Tours (balloon rides USD. 540 per person etc)